Because there are just a few ingredients in this recipe, you’ll get the best results if you use the finest-quality ingredients, like fresh Vidalia onions and aged Parmesan cheese. —Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter and 1 tablespoon oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Brush bottom and sides of a 10-in. ovenproof skillet with remaining oil. Unroll dough into skillet; flatten dough and build up edge slightly. Top with onion mixture and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Onion Bread Skillet in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet Onion Bread Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review