- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Onion, Tomato & Cuke Salad
"I thought this was okay but I guess I didn't enjoy it as much as other people who reviewed it. Maybe it needed more vinegar, not sure."
"I found this to really be a very tasty salad! I did adjust this recipe to suit my own tastes. I'd mixed up a packet of Blue Cheese dressing by combining the mix, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup milk, 5.3-oz. plain unflavored yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 tsp. Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/4 cup fat-free crumbled Feta cheese. I used 1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced and 2 cukes, seeded, peeled and sliced, 2 tomatoes, chopped. I'd mixed up the dressing ingredients and added to the veggies, then sprinkled with 1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled. I did toss mixture well. This is a recipe I'll definitely keep for using! I did not use any oil-just mayonnaise! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home!delowenstein"
"Excellent!! Husband could not stop eating it - a new favorite!! Thank you!"
"Delicious recipe! Fantastic with farm stand veggies especially. We enjoyed the dressing very much. I cut back on the oil by half to reduce the calories. I prepared enough veggies for a salad for two and saved the remaining dressing for another meal. Thanks for posting!"
"Excellent salad, out of feta so I used parm and mozzarella instead."
"My husband and I love this salad! The dressing is great and the feta adds an interesting and savory twist."