- 4 large sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 4 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Sweet Onion & Red Bell Pepper Topping
"Fantastic! I've made this many times and it goes very fast. It's best on hotdogs and hamburgers. I caught my husband eating it as a side dish."
"Great addition to tex mex foods. I used it this past weekend and it was a hit."
"Can be used on or with many things. If it calls for peppers, substitute these."