- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Roll dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender. Add brown sugar and thyme; cook 1 minute longer or until blended.
- Sprinkle cheese lengthwise down the center of dough; top with mushroom mixture. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips 3 in. into center.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Onion & Mushroom Braid in Country Woman
Reviews for Sweet Onion & Mushroom Braid
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >