When I want to jump-start supper, I opt for these tender pork chops. The sweet and savory cherry sauce makes this recipe a keeper. Try serving it with wild rice pilaf. —Stephanie Ray, Foley, MN
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients; top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Onion & Cherry Pork Chops in Country Woman August/September 2009, p39
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet Onion & Cherry Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review