Sweet Napa Salad Recipe
"I use onions and dried cherries from our home state of Michigan to give local flavor to my signature cabbage salad," says Jan Matthias of Hillman. "Dinner guests always want the recipe."
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 10 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Set aside one seasoning packet from ramen noodles for dressing (save the remaining seasoning packet for another use). Break noodles into small pieces; place in a large salad bowl. Add the cabbage, onions, pineapple, cherries, almonds and sesame seeds.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients. Add contents of reserved seasoning packet; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup equals 222 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC