Sweet Napa Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 10 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Set aside one seasoning packet from ramen noodles for dressing (save the remaining seasoning packet for another use). Break noodles into small pieces; place in a large salad bowl. Add the cabbage, onions, pineapple, cherries, almonds and sesame seeds.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients. Add contents of reserved seasoning packet; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup equals 222 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Napa Salad
"This is delicious! My family loves this! Thank you!!!"
"My whole family (including one very picky eater) has loved this recipe, which I have now put in my book of favorites."