"I use onions and dried cherries from our home state of Michigan to give local flavor to my signature cabbage salad," says Jan Matthias of Hillman. "Dinner guests always want the recipe."
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 10 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Set aside one seasoning packet from ramen noodles for dressing (save the remaining seasoning packet for another use). Break noodles into small pieces; place in a large salad bowl. Add the cabbage, onions, pineapple, cherries, almonds and sesame seeds.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients. Add contents of reserved seasoning packet; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Napa Salad in Country Woman February/March 2008, p65
Reviews for Sweet Napa Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2012
"This is delicious! My family loves this! Thank you!!!"
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2012
"My whole family (including one very picky eater) has loved this recipe, which I have now put in my book of favorites."