- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil, turning often. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; drain.
- To the skillet, add the pineapple, green peppers, sugar, vinegar, oil and soy sauce. Cover and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Return meatballs to skillet; simmer until meat is no longer pink.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet N Sour Meatballs in Country April/May 2004, p51
Reviews for Sweet N Sour Meatballs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2008
These are delicious. Served at a party as an appetizer, and all the ladies wanted the recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- German Appetizers >
- German Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >