Sweet N Savory Enchiladas Recipe
Whenever my husband has a potluck at the office, he signs me up to bring these saucy enchiladas. After preparing these many times, I finally enlisted him to help make them.—GaleLynn Peterson, Long Beach, California
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic and seasonings. Cover and process until blended. Transfer to a saucepan. Add oil. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Gradually add a small amount of hot tomato mixture to cream, stirring constantly. Return all to pan; set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2/3 cup of the tomato cream sauce. Spoon meat mixture onto tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchilada.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 12 enchiladas.
1 each: 490 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 839mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Sweet N Savory Enchiladas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC