- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic and seasonings. Cover and process until blended. Transfer to a saucepan. Add oil. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually add a small amount of hot tomato mixture to cream, stirring constantly. Return all to pan; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2/3 cup of the tomato cream sauce. Spoon meat mixture onto tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchilada.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 12 enchiladas.
Originally published as Sweet N Savory Enchiladas in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p302
Reviews for Sweet N Savory Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review