Sweet Milk Dinner Rolls
A hint of sweetness in these tender buns brings in many compliments. Served warm with butter or jam, they're a big hit at any meal. They re-heat nicely, too.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the sugar, butter,
- salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour
- to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 16 pieces.
- Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 rolls.