Sweet Maple Baked Beans Recipe
"When my son developed diabetes at age 3, I found myself converting a lot of our favorite recipes," writes Laura Fisher of Glendale, Arizona. "H always liked these saucy beans. They get their sweet maple flavor from sugar-free pancake syrup."
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 onion slice, separated into rings
- In a large bowl, combine the pork and beans, syrup, ketchup and mustard. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with bacon; top with onion. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple Baked Beans in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p17
Reviews for Sweet Maple Baked Beans(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review