"When my son developed diabetes at age 3, I found myself converting a lot of our favorite recipes," writes Laura Fisher of Glendale, Arizona. "H always liked these saucy beans. They get their sweet maple flavor from sugar-free pancake syrup."
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 onion slice, separated into rings
- In a large bowl, combine the pork and beans, syrup, ketchup and mustard. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with bacon; top with onion. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple Baked Beans in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p17
Reviews for Sweet Maple Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2012
"husband liked. little to sweet for me."