Sweet Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the macaroni, carrots, green pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
One of our favorites..make it all the time!!!
This is very good. I leave out the 1 cup of sugar since the sweetened condensed milk is in it. I also have never added green pepper to it. Be sure to refrigerate overnight, the sauce needs to soak in a little.
I make this salad all the time and always get requests to bring it to party's.
This salad just didn't taste right with the sweetened condensed milk in it.
I have made this twice for pot lucks and always come home with it all gone. when asked for the recipe I direct them to the TOH web site. It has been made my several people since.