Sweet Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the macaroni, carrots, green pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
I make this salad all the time and always get requests to bring it to party's.
This salad just didn't taste right with the sweetened condensed milk in it.
I have made this twice for pot lucks and always come home with it all gone. when asked for the recipe I direct them to the TOH web site. It has been made my several people since.
We love it!
We all love this. Its just like Amish Macaroni Salad. I make this all the time. The only thing I change is I add sweet pickle relish. But that is just a personal preferance.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >