- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the macaroni, carrots, green pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"This is a superb macaroni salad recipe. it is the one I make all the time now that I have discovered it. My family loves it."
"Made this using the large elbow macaroni noodles for a party and it was amazing, everyone loved it, they all wanted the recipe and it was so easy to make, I let it set in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving, cant wait to make this again. Definitely a party pleaser."
"This has been my "go to" macaroni salad since this recipe first appeared in Taste of Home, several years ago. I, too, omit the 1 cup of sugar, which makes the salad too sweet for my family's taste. I also add 1/3 cup each of diced green, red and yellow sweet peppers (rather than just green pepper) and 1/4 cup chopped parsley for added color. This recipe is always a favorite at parties, picnics and BBQ's!"
"One of our favorites..make it all the time!!!"
"This is very good. I leave out the 1 cup of sugar since the sweetened condensed milk is in it. I also have never added green pepper to it. Be sure to refrigerate overnight, the sauce needs to soak in a little."