Sweet Macaroni Salad
A sweet out-of-the-ordinary dressing makes this macaroni salad special. My aunt gave me the recipe and it has become one of my favorites. I occasionally leave out the green pepper if I know that people don't like it...and it still tastes great.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. In a large serving bowl, combine the macaroni, carrots,
- green pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and
- pepper until smooth. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 14 servings.