Sweet Liberty Fruit Wreath Recipe
Whether you craft it for a patriotic picnic or an everyday summer celebration, this colorful table topper will appetizingly round out the occasion. People positively eat it up! Our crafty kitchen experts first came up with the idea after spotting a plain foam wreath form. Rather than embellish it with dried flowers or ribbons, they decided to try fresh fruit instead. The process turned out to be so simple and so fast that they had time to add a savory centerpiece center—which doubles as a creamy dipping sauce. The final touch is a cinch, too. You simply top the sauce with strawberry stars you slice using mini cookie cutters.
- 12 inch flat-back Styrofoam wreath
- 15 inch platter
- Lemon leaves, rose leaves or leaf lettuce
- Small star cookie cutter
- 1/2 pint of blueberries
- 3 to 4 pints strawberries
- 15 large marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. Wreath: Place Styrofoam wreath on the platter. Line top of wreath with leaves, overlapping to cover entire top and securing with picks.
- 2. Trim a thin slice from top and bottom of marshmallows to create two sticky surfaces. Arrange in five groups of three each around wreath, placing a sticky side down against leaves to hold marshmallows in place. Press a few blueberries on sticky top surface of each marshmallow.
- 3. Arrange strawberries, stem side down, around wreath until wreath is full. To attach strawberries, poke a pick into wreath, then push berry down on top of pick.
- 4. Sprinkle additional blueberries over the entire wreath to fill in large gaps.
- 5. Spoon fruit dip (recipe follows) into a small serving bowl, making sure bowl fits into center of wreath first.
- 6. If desired, cut additional strawberries into star shapes with cookie cutter to garnish dip. Serve immediately, or place damp paper towels over fruit and wreath and cover the entire platter with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
- 7. Dip: In a bowl, combine all ingredients: beat until well blended and smooth. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC