- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, orange peel and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Shape into a 6-in. round loaf on a greased baking sheet. Brush top with egg yolk; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cover top loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove from pan to a wire rack; serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (20 slices).
Reviews for Sweet Italian Holiday Bread
"t looks like you sprinkled sesame seeds on top, or is that the sugar?? I think I'd like to make this today. Thank you."
"You may need to be Italian to appreciate this cofee cake. It is very plain but delicious. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it is just like my mom's ciambella she made for 75 years. Thanks for sharing it."