Sweet-Hot Spiced Nuts Recipe
These healthy, hearty nuts make a great snack and a terrific gift for just about anyone. Pour them into a decorative tin and start giving! Carla Hutton, Lakeside, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Add almonds and oil; stir gently to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to egg white mixture and gently stir to coat.
- 2. Spread into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 257 calories, 20 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC