Sweet-Hot Sausage Meatballs Recipe
Meet the Cook: These good-tasting sausage meatballs seem to disappear before anything else on the table or buffet. They have a delightful tang with a bit of crunch from the water chestnuts. I've used the recipe when entertaining for over 20 years because it's so easy to do and comes out perfect every time. -Claire Stryker, Delta, Utah
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a blender, process water chestnuts until minced. Transfer to a large bowl; add sausage and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, syrup, vinegar and soy sauce; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Drain meatballs; add to sauce and heat through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 212 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC