Sweet-Hot Sausage Meatballs Recipe
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a blender, process water chestnuts until minced. Transfer to a large bowl; add sausage and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, syrup, vinegar and soy sauce; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Drain meatballs; add to sauce and heat through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3 each: 212 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 533mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-Hot Sausage Meatballs
"definitely need the sweet pepper sausage. i only had hot sausage, and it was ok, but too hot"
"Great tail-gate food"
"I used store bought meatballs but everyone loved the flavor-p.s. it is great for people that can't have tomato products"