Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce Recipe
This Asian-inspired sauce from our Test Kitchen is a delicious dip for egg rolls or veggies. It can also be used to make a sweet-tangy vinaigrette.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canning salt
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Ladle hot liquid into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
2 tablespoons equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC