Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canning salt
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Ladle hot liquid into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Editor's Note: The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude. Serve dipping sauce with assorted fresh vegetables or your favorite hot appetizers. To make a vinaigrette, combine 1 part dipping sauce with 2 parts oil and toss with cut fresh lettuce.
2 tablespoons: 54 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce
"Made this for my sauce to dip egg rolls in!!! So good!!! I also cut the recipe down to 1/3. And I can't wait to try this on a salad! Yumm!"