- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canning salt
- In a Dutch oven, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Ladle hot liquid into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Reviews for Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce
"I made a third of this recipe to use with our "Homemade Chinese" takeout-style dinner. Besides using it with egg rolls and crab rangoons, we put dabs on our sliced pork. It is also good stirred into a vegetable stir-fry...bean sprouts, onions, tri-color peppers, scallions, etc. It's a keeper!"