- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canning salt
- In a Dutch oven, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Ladle hot liquid into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Originally published as Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p213
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >