This Asian-inspired sauce from our Test Kitchen is a delicious dip for egg rolls or veggies. It can also be used to make a sweet-tangy vinaigrette.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canning salt
- In a Dutch oven, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Ladle hot liquid into six hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Originally published as Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p213
Reviews for Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review