Sweet Honey-Lime Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk wine, honey, lime juice and ginger; add to chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning once.
- 2. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. If desired, serve with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 186 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sweet Honey-Lime Chicken
"Very moist. I would probably add more lime next time but it is definitely being added to my do again list!"
"i did it on the grill and it stayed very juicy and very flavorable. my grandkids loved it"
"I would make the recipe again but would use fresh ginger and garlic. I substituted chicken broth for the wine, and felt there was not enough presence of the citrus, so would use the zest of the lime and maybe a teaspoonful of dried chili flakes in the marinade. It was a bit bland for my family's taste but we felt that we could play with the recipe and have a good product."
"I made this with no changes to the recipe and it was completely tasteless. No one in the family liked it. It was moist, but boiled chicken is moist. I want something with a little flavor."
"Came out moist and tender. I marinated it all day and thought it didn't take on the honey and lime flavors as well as I would have liked. I might reserve some marinade and make a sauce next time."
"YUM! We had no white wine so we used chicken broth. Very tasty!~ Theresa"
"This was delicious. The chicken comes out so moist and tender. I marinated my chicken pieces for five hours and felt it was a little bland, and I even included the zest of the lime. I will definately make this again, and before increasing some of the ingrediants to my taste."
"easy and tasty"
"This was delicious! So simple and so flavorful! Definitely my new favorite marinade for chicken!!"
"My family loved this. Great taste."
"It was good but a little bland next time I would sear the chicken and finish it in the marinade for more flavor"
"My family loved this recipe and have requested time and time again. I have found that the longer its left to marinade the better. I also use more ginger. I add half a teaspoon instead of the 1/4 teaspoon."
"I used this as a marinade for walleye and it was great. You could really taste the flavors come together. I didn't have ginger so I used half Garam masala and half nutmeg. I think it would have been even better if I had been able to use ginger!"
"This chicken smelled sooooo good when I took it off the grill . . . but I was disappointed because it was lacking a little in flavor. Maybe I should have marinated it longer than the 2 hours."
"This is an excellent marinade for chicken. Everyone liked it very much."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.