You'll love this combination! With honey, white wine, lime juice and ginger, the chicken makes a spectacular, slightly sweet grilled entree. —Ann Nisewonder, Dallas, Texas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk wine, honey, lime juice and ginger; add to chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning once.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. If desired, serve with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey Lime Chicken in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p47
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sweet Honey-Lime Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review