- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk wine, honey, lime juice and ginger; add to chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning once.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. If desired, serve with couscous. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sweet Honey-Lime Chicken
Sort By :
Very moist. I would probably add more lime next time but it is definitely being added to my do again list!
i did it on the grill and it stayed very juicy and very flavorable. my grandkids loved it
I would make the recipe again but would use fresh ginger and garlic. I substituted chicken broth for the wine, and felt there was not enough presence of the citrus, so would use the zest of the lime and maybe a teaspoonful of dried chili flakes in the marinade. It was a bit bland for my family's taste but we felt that we could play with the recipe and have a good product.
I made this with no changes to the recipe and it was completely tasteless. No one in the family liked it. It was moist, but boiled chicken is moist. I want something with a little flavor.
Came out moist and tender. I marinated it all day and thought it didn't take on the honey and lime flavors as well as I would have liked. I might reserve some marinade and make a sauce next time.