Sweet Honey Corn Bread
"This recipe for sweet corn bread is a combination of many trials and errors," says Kristy Kent, Wind Gap, Pennsylvania. "I tried to duplicate an extraordinary corn bread I sampled in another town. Adding honey to a combination of recipes finally did the trick."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking
- soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients;
- stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. ovenproof skillet. Bake at 425° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 295 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.