Sweet Honey Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. ovenproof skillet. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Honey Corn Bread(5)
Sort By :
We really like this recipe. Reminds me of the cornbread served in a nearby restaurant. If you like a sweet cornbread you will like this one.
This is a rich, sweet cornbread. The vanilla did not bother me and I didn't think it was that noticeable. While I really liked this, it was not my husband's favorite, so I probably won't make it again for that reason. :(
this cornbread was pretty dense. it was sweet and i like that. i only put 1t vanilla and glad of that. i will make it again, but, i will leave out vanilla...because my husband just couldn't wrap his head around it. but, the kids and i liked it! it is kind of cake like. but good with red beans and rice:0)
This is the moistest corn bread I have ever had, and I now make this recipe every time I want corn bread!
Recipe is ok, tasted too much like cake.