Fit for the finest holiday table, dried cranberries plumped in a mixture of honey and lemon juice guarantee a sweet-tart glaze for tender carrots. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place carrots and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple, apple, cranberries, honey, lemon juice and salt; cook 3-4 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine butter, flour and cinnamon; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with walnuts before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Holiday Carrots in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p25
Reviews for Sweet Holiday Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review