- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place carrots and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple, apple, cranberries, honey, lemon juice and salt; cook 3-4 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine butter, flour and cinnamon; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with walnuts before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Holiday Carrots
Sort By :
"Just OK. Too much cinnamon taste. Will try it without cinnamon or just a daband add a little maple syrup to it."
"We love carrots and this would have been good if they LEFT OUT the pineapple, cranberries, apples, honey, lemon juice, flour and cinnamon. this really was a waste of those things, will not make this again, next time I will just use the carrots and butter."
"Just not our favorite. We like carrots a lot but this combination just didn't seem to cut it. Had to force everyone to clean it up with other leftovers from Christmas dinner."
"Fairly tasty, but not outstanding. It may have been the cinnamon that I may not have been especially fond of. Not a bad dish, but I think I would look for something better next time."
"So colorful and tasty, too. Everyone at Christmas dinner loved it!"