Sweet Holiday Carrots Recipe
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place carrots and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple, apple, cranberries, honey, lemon juice and salt; cook 3-4 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine butter, flour and cinnamon; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with walnuts before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Holiday Carrots(9)
Sort By :
Just not our favorite. We like carrots a lot but this combination just didn't seem to cut it. Had to force everyone to clean it up with other leftovers from Christmas dinner.
Fairly tasty, but not outstanding. It may have been the cinnamon that I may not have been especially fond of. Not a bad dish, but I think I would look for something better next time.
So colorful and tasty, too. Everyone at Christmas dinner loved it!
I made this for the first time for Christmas dinner for my family. My aunt has already asked for the recipe. Delicious and so colorful. Loved it!
I made this for the first time for my family on Christmas. I had to send home a care package to my aunt & uncle that couldn't make the dinner and my aunt has called already and asked for the recipe. Loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >