Sweet Herbed Carrots
“The original recipe, which my mother acquired over 45 years ago, called for two bunches of small carrots so I had to guess how much to use. I eventually got the recipe amounts worked out to my liking,” says Beverly Christofferson of Sioux City, Iowa.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3 to 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the butter and sugar over medium
- heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in carrots;
- cover with lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with water. Cover and simmer for
- 15-20 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Discard lettuce. Stir in the parsley, cream, tarragon, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2
- minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 212 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium,