“The original recipe, which my mother acquired over 45 years ago, called for two bunches of small carrots so I had to guess how much to use. I eventually got the recipe amounts worked out to my liking,” says Beverly Christofferson of Sioux City, Iowa.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3 to 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the butter and sugar over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in carrots; cover with lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with water. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Discard lettuce. Stir in the parsley, cream, tarragon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Herbed Carrots in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p56
Reviews for Sweet Herbed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2010
"I loved these! I'm always looking for good side dishes and I will definitely do these again!"