“The original recipe, which my mother acquired over 45 years ago, called for two bunches of small carrots so I had to guess how much to use. I eventually got the recipe amounts worked out to my liking,” says Beverly Christofferson of Sioux City, Iowa.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3 to 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the butter and sugar over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in carrots; cover with lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with water. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Discard lettuce. Stir in the parsley, cream, tarragon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Herbed Carrots in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p56
Reviews for Sweet Herbed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2010
"I loved these! I'm always looking for good side dishes and I will definitely do these again!"