Sweet Heat Drumettes Recipe
Sweet maple syrup plays down the heat from the cayenne papper in these finger-lickin' good drummettes. Use a chafing dish to keep them warm at a party. —Deb Zurawski, Jamesport, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min. YIELD:16-18 servings
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds frozen chicken drumettes or wingettes, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, combine the syrup, chili sauce, chives, soy sauce, mustard and cayenne. Set aside 2/3 cup for basting. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags; add chicken. Seal bags and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes; drain. Turn chicken over; baste with some of the reserved marinade. Bake for 10 minutes; turn and baste again. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC