Sweet Heat Drumettes
Sweet maple syrup plays down the heat from the cayenne papper in these finger-lickin' good drummettes. Use a chafing dish to keep them warm at a party.
Deb Zurawski, Jamesport, New York
16-18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds frozen chicken drumettes or wingettes, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the syrup, chili sauce, chives, soy sauce, mustard
- and cayenne. Set aside 2/3 cup for basting. Divide remaining
- marinade between two large resealable plastic bags; add chicken.
- Seal bags and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30
- minutes; drain. Turn chicken over; baste with some of the reserved
- marinade. Bake for 10 minutes; turn and baste again. Bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until juices run clear and sauce is thickened.
- Yield: about 4 dozen.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer