- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds frozen chicken drumettes or wingettes, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the syrup, chili sauce, chives, soy sauce, mustard and cayenne. Set aside 2/3 cup for basting. Divide remaining marinade between two large resealable plastic bags; add chicken. Seal bags and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes; drain. Turn chicken over; baste with some of the reserved marinade. Bake for 10 minutes; turn and baste again. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Sweet Heat Drumettes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p207
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet Heat Drumettes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review