Sweet Fruit Slush Recipe
“I’m a busy mom and do all that I can before expecting company,” writes Martha Miller of Fredericksburg, Ohio. “This sweet citrus slush is easy to make ahead and tastes so refreshing. I add washed red seedless grapes, too.”
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 medium ripe peach, chopped or 2/3 cup sliced frozen peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the pineapple, orange juice concentrate and peach; stir well. Pour into a freezer container and freeze for at least 12 hours or overnight (may be frozen for up to 3 months). Remove from the freezer 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 191 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC