Everywhere I take this crunchy fresh-tasting salad with its sweet creamy dressing, people invariably want the recipe. It's perfect for a potluck—best made the night before you serve it and easy to transport.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, optional
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, oil and vinegar. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Floret Salad in Country Woman July/August 2000, p33
Reviews for Sweet Floret Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review