Sweet Dill Refrigerator Pickles
Dill and cucumbers are natural companions in a number of dishes. I turn to this recipe every summer when my garden is in full bloom. My family can hardly wait to eat these pickles.—Kay Curtis, Guthrie, Oklahoma
56 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 quarts sliced unpeeled cucumbers
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3/4 to 1 cup minced fresh dill
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, water and salt. Bring to a
- boil and boil 1 minute. In a large nonmetallic container, combine
- cucumbers, onion and dill. Pour dressing over; cool. Cover and
- refrigerate at least 3 days before serving. Stir occasionally.
- Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 32 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.