Sweet Cucumber Salad
Pair this simple side with any grilled entree for a fabulous hot-and-cold combination you're sure to love. —Marlene Kroll, Chicago, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups thinly sliced quartered cucumber
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a salad bowl, combine cucumber and cilantro. In a small bowl,
- whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 64 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.