- 3 cups thinly sliced quartered cucumber
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a salad bowl, combine cucumber and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Cucumber Salad
"I brought this to a cookout and it was a hit. Everyone really enjoyed the sweet flavor and the fresh cilantro. I will definitely make it again! It was also very easy to make!"
"Nice, light, quick side."
"This was very easy to make and delicious, refreshing on a hot day. I used red wine vinegar because I didn't have white wine vinegar and it turned out great!"
"Super easy and yummy even my two year old loves it!"
"This was a great recipe! I used red wine vinegar in place of white wine vinegar (since I had that one hand). So crisp, fresh, and delicious. Paired perfectly with the Buffalo chicken, as suggested in the magazine."
"Made this last night for my husband and I earned rave reviews! It's so light, crisp, and flavorful. When you bite into it, it's sweet, then after you chew it has some tang. It's the perfect subsitute to a typical salad."
"Light and refreshing. easy prep and great with grilled foods."