Sweet Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, sugars and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 251 calories, 14g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
"I made this delicious bread to serve at a meeting I am hosting but I had to take a taste first as it is in the freezer awaiting the meeting. Oh my goodness, is this good. The flavors are absolutely delicious and don't leave out the pecans. I will be preparing this recipe again and again.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This is the best pumpkin bread I've ever had (so far). The cranberries gave it just the right sweetness and the pecans added just the crunch I was looking for. Fabulous!"
"I cannot say enough good things about this bread! Unfortunately I have celiac disease and I'm not supposed to eat it, but I did and man was it worth it! This is probably the most delicious pumpkin bread I've ever had! The cranberries gave it a nice sweetness and the toasted pecans were just the crunch I was looking for. Fabulous!!"
"Delicious. I used 12 oz. fresh whole cranberries that I had on hand instead of dried - turn out great. Very moist, nice contrast between sweet bread and tangy cranberries. A keeper."
"I made this twice--once with cranberries and once without. I think I prefer it without, and I didn't use nuts either time, but I really like it. Good recipe."
"Super yummy. I am including this recipe with a food storage gift of dried cranberries and pecans."
"Ahhhh, it wouldn't let me view the recipe & I am a subscriber of TOH magazine. Could you please post the recipe, please?!"
"this was a good solid bread and not too sweet"
"My husband loves this recipe, which is amazing since he is not a pumpkin lover! I used fresh baked pumpkin and was delighted with the results. The entire family gave it a five star rating!"