“Everyone calls this ‘Christmas Bread’ and insists I make it often. We like it warm with butter or served cool with cream cheese. A loaf of this always delights any recipient.” Marilou Robinson - Portland, OR
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, sugars and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Cranberry Pumpkin Bread in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p60
Reviews for Sweet Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review