- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg, and milk. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir in sugar mixture just until moistened.
- Coat four muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 muffins.
Reviews for Sweet Cornmeal Muffins
"Wonderful slightly sweet corn bread. Love that it makes just enough for two!"
"Excellent and so simple and quick"
"A nice little muffin which is quick and easy and which would be easy to tweak the sweetness or the addition of a bit more milk."
"Loved them! Yeah, another receipe for those who cook for two!"