My husband, Axtell, was a fan of the cornmeal muffins from a restaurant we visited. I found a similar recipe and cut it down to serve two. These muffins are his favorite.—Marie Kramer, Kirkwood, Missouri
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg, and milk. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir in sugar mixture just until moistened.
- Coat four muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 muffins.
Originally published as Sweet Cornmeal Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p16
Reviews for Sweet Cornmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review