My husband, Axtell, was a fan of the cornmeal muffins from a restaurant we visited. I found a similar recipe and cut it down to serve two. These muffins are his favorite.—Marie Kramer, Kirkwood, Missouri
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, oil, egg, and milk. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients; stir in sugar mixture just until moistened.
- Coat four muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 muffins.
Originally published as Sweet Cornmeal Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p16
Reviews for Sweet Cornmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2014
"Wonderful slightly sweet corn bread. Love that it makes just enough for two!"
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2014
"Excellent and so simple and quick"
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2010
"Loved them! Yeah, another receipe for those who cook for two!"