Sweet Corn with Parmesan and Cilantro Recipe
A little tart and a touch sassy, this fun way to fix corn will be a hit. Just a few minutes of pan frying gives it a delightful golden color. —Faye Sloan, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 4 large ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Place corn in a stockpot; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, 5 tablespoons oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Brush 1 tablespoon over each ear of corn.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook corn in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Stir cilantro into remaining cheese mixture; brush over corn. Yield: 4 servings.
1 ear of corn equals 336 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC