A little tart and a touch sassy, this fun way to fix corn will be a hit. Just a few minutes of pan frying gives it a delightful golden color. —Faye Sloan, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 4 large ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place corn in a stockpot; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, 5 tablespoons oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Brush 1 tablespoon over each ear of corn.
- In a large skillet, cook corn in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally. Stir cilantro into remaining cheese mixture; brush over corn. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Corn with Parmesan and Cilantro in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p15
Reviews for Sweet Corn with Parmesan and Cilantro
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review