- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves
- In a large saucepan, saute corn in butter until tender. Reduce heat. Add cream and milk; heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard corn pulp. Return to pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Stir a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to six 6-oz. ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with remaining sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish servings with raspberries and mint leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Corn Creme Brulee
Sort By :
Nobody said YOU had to make it. It's DESSERT! Of course it's calorie laden. But it's delicious. Let those of us who choose to eat it alone!
This recipe is a killer of human beings! 750 calories, 447mg cholesterol! You should be ashamed of adding to the obesity, diabetes, and heart problems of the eating public!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Custard >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Creme Brulee Recipes >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >