Sweet Corn Creme Brulee Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute corn in butter until tender. Reduce heat. Add cream and milk; heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain and discard corn pulp. Return to pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1-1/4 cups sugar. Stir a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Transfer to six 6-oz. ramekins. Place in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 4. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with remaining sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- 5. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 6. Garnish servings with raspberries and mint leaves. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (calculated without raspberries): 750 calories, 54g fat (32g saturated fat), 447mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Sweet Corn Creme Brulee
"Made this the night before Thanksgiving. Finished it off the next day. Splendid! It was a hit!!!"
"Nobody said YOU had to make it. It's dessert! Of course it's calorie laden. But it's delicious. Let those of us who choose to eat it alone!"
"00000 starsThis recipe is a killer of human beings! 750 calories, 447mg cholesterol! You should be ashamed of adding to the obesity, diabetes, and heart problems of the eating public!"