Sweet Corn Bread
This corn bread goes well with just about anything. I always make it when we have chili. The sour cream makes it nice and moist.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream,
- milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 400° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 240 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.