Sweet Corn Bread Muffins
Linnea Rein of Topeka, Kansas uses two convenient mixes to create these sweet corn bread muffins. The yellow cake mix gives them a smoother texture than traditional corn bread.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the mixes. In a small bowl, combine the
- eggs, water, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- Fill greased and floured muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for
- 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Serve
- warm. Yield: 14 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.