- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg, sour cream, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Corn Bread(3)
Sort By :
Substituted plain yogurt for the sour cream and skim milk for a low fat version.
Made these into muffins and added some fresh chopped parsley - really good! Nice to have instead of bread with a meal.
I love this recepe for cornbread. I think it's the sour cream that keeps it moist.