- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Corn Bread in Country Extra March 1999, p49
Reviews for Sweet Corn Bread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
Made these into muffins and added some fresh chopped parsley - really good! Nice to have instead of bread with a meal.
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2011
I love this recepe for cornbread. I think it's the sour cream that keeps it moist.