Sweet Corn and Tomato Saute
I try to get my kids to eat as much vegetables as possible so coming up with sides like this are a must. I mixed two flavors they loved and it has been a success ever since.—Kim L'Hote, Viola, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups cooked whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, diced
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add corn, onion, green pepper, brown
- sugar and salt. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato;
- simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 231 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.